How much do you enjoy nature? Does spending time out in the fresh air, maybe near a stream or lake, sound like a good way to spend an afternoon? How much more would you enjoy time outdoors if mosquitoes weren’t in the picture? Our guess is that you would enjoy it quite a bit more. If so, we have good news. Today we are discussing some simple ways you can keep pesky mosquitoes away from your yard so that your time outdoors can be more enjoyable.
Problems Mosquitoes Cause
As you probably know, mosquitoes are a serious health threat in other countries such as Africa and South America where they spread diseases such as malaria. Are they dangerous here in the U.S.? The answer is, mosquitoes are just as capable of spreading a variety of diseases here in the US, the only thing that makes these diseases less threatening here compared to other countries is the fact that treatments for the diseases mosquitoes cause are more accessible here in the States.
Prevention Steps For Mosquitoes
- Wear light-colored clothing. This will make you less visible to mosquitoes scouting for a meal.
- Apply mosquito repellent before going out into areas you know will be high in mosquito activity.
- If you have an outdoor lounging area, consider installing some fans. The breeze fans provide makes it extremely difficult for mosquitoes to land and sting.
- Avoid going outside during dusk and dawn as this is when mosquitoes are most active.
- Eliminate sources of standing water around your property that could be used as mosquito breeding grounds.
Professional Mosquito Control Through ProForce LLC
If you are looking for the absolute best way to keep mosquitoes off your property, look no further than ProForce LLC. Our team of friendly pest technicians has the tools and experience needed to get your home the protection from mosquitoes you are looking for.
To find out what these treatments would look like for your home, give us a call today!